Vacancy – Programme Manager
The following position has come up within OFM’s Programming Division:
JOB TITLE: Programme Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
EDUCATION: Relevant tertiary qualifications (Communications Media Studies)
EXPERIENCE: Have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience in the broadcasting environment; 5 years in a senior role in radio or related media
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- ownership of the OFM brand on-air by working with creative talent, the sales team and OFM’s marketing department;
- responsibility for the entire radio product.
- Develop, implement and manage the station’s programme strategy and music policy
- Identify, recruit and develop on-air talent
- Guide, facilitate and manage on-air personnel
- Manage on-air products and the station’s total programme output
- Oversee the creative process
- Manage the programme budget
- Generate and sculpt creative sales opportunities
- Understanding of the multi-media platform and integration
- Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Identify research needs; monitor, interpret and implement research results
- Remain informed on the national commercial radio broadcasting trends
- Monitoring of national and local competitor stations
- Extensive knowledge of the media and broadcast sector
- Firm grasp of the regulatory environment and the Electronic Communications Act
- Perform well under stress, and high level of emotional maturity
- Good interpersonal skills, skilled at negotiation and conflict resolution
- Creative and Innovative thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to organise and basic research skills
- Basic financial literacy
- Excellent musical knowledge
- Computer literate (advanced understanding of Outlook, Word and Excel as well as relevant broadcasting programmes)
- Language proficiency in both English and Afrikaans.
A third language would be advantageous
- Be in possession of a code B driver’s licence
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 26 March 2019 at 10:00
All interested applicants are requested to apply with a comprehensive CV to Nthabiseng Leeuw by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants not contacted within two weeks after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Preference consideration will be given to applications from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto).