Vacancy – Journalist Internship Program (CMG)
Central Media Group, a media company in Central South Africa is currently searching for recently graduated aspiring journalists to join an internship program in a fully convergent newsroom and multimedia environment of radio, print and digital platforms in our Bloemfontein offices.
- Completed relevant degree or National Diploma (Journalism/Media Studies/Communication)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Have exceptional communication, writing and editing skills in English and/or Afrikaans
- Basic journalistic skills in news identification, news gathering and news presentations
- Computer Literacy
- Be willing to work after hours and on weekends
- Be able to work closely with a diverse news team
The successful candidates will be expected to work on a full time basis for a twelve (12) month period.
At the end of the internship the candidates should be able to successfully source strong story ideas, conduct interviews, write radio news story/bulletin, re-angle stories, add value to stories (soundbites, photos, videos etc.) handle press releases, do follow-ups where necessary, build an extensive contact network and be active on all social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
If you are a go-getter who can work well under pressure then send a comprehensive CV via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2021
Applicants not contacted within two weeks after the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Central Media Group (Pty) Ltd t/a OFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Central Media Group’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy.