Vacancy – Journalist
The following exciting opportunity has come up within our Mahareng Publishing office in Bloemfontein as a:
JOB TITLE: Journalist
EDUCATION: Relevant tertiary qualification
EXPERIENCE: Have at least 2 years’ experience as a journalist.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Sourcing news, doing interviews, re-angling stories, handling press releases and do follow ups where necessary, while building an extensive contact network.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Have a passion for journalism and an extensive general knowledge of especially news and current affairs
- Have exceptional communication and written skills, in English and Afrikaans. A third language will be an advantage
- Have a background in print and/or radio news
- Be able to work under extreme pressure and to tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of a camera and/or video camera
- Have keyboard and IT skills. Audio and video editing ability would be preferential
- Have an existing contact network
- Be a team player
- Be in possession of a code B driver’s licence
- Be able to function effectively within a multi-media environment
- Should be willing to work after hours and some weekends
CLOSING DATE: 28 May 2018 at 17h00
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a comprehensive CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mahareng Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Central Media Group’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy.
Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.