Vacancy – Account Executive
An exciting opportunity has become available in Mahareng Publishing’s Sales Division in Bloemfontein:
JOB TITLE: Account Executive (Mahareng Publishing)
EDUCATION: Minimum grade 12. Relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous.
EXPERIENCE: Have at least 3 years sales experience preferably in a media environment.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Sell available advertising space within the various print products (Get It Bloemfontein, Bloemfontein Courant and Bloemfontein Courant Voice) as well as online. The incumbent should be driven to source and grow a database on an ongoing basis. Develop a relationship with clients and promote profitable business whilst projecting a positive image of the employer. The incumbent will be held responsible for the efficient running of the company’s client base and the achievement of sales targets.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE
- Sell available advertising space within the various print products as well as online at top rates to ensure that income requirements are met.
- Come up with innovative ideas and solutions for clients to increase sales opportunities.
- Grow sales of the database, meeting all targets and objectives.
- Attend social functions with clients as and when required.
- Assist Debtors Clerk in keeping clients current on collections.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in both English and Afrikaans
- Be in possession of a code B driver’s licence
- Own transport essential
- Strong marketing and sales background
- Computer knowledge, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word applications
- High levels of client service
- Excellent people and motivational skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
CLOSING DATE: 15 December 2017 at 17h00
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a comprehensive CV to Thando via e-mail: email@example.com email subject line: AE-Mahareng.
Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.