Christmas in July!
Venue: Central South Africa
Mandela Day Drive
“It is in your hands, to make a better world for all who live in it. What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others.” – Nelson Mandela
While winter time can be a magical time of year with the promise of snow and comforting fluffy blankets, thick coats, heaters and hot chocolate, it is also a very challenging time for the most vulnerable, who are unsure where their next hot meal or even warm, safe shelter will come from. Now, even more so as the globe grapples with the Covid-19 pandemic.
Help share warmth and love this winter by joining Central Media Group’s Nelson Mandela Day initiative.
From 6 to 17 July 2020, you are invited to bring, pre-loved or new, warm clothing (for adults & children) and blankets, hygiene products, non-perishables and other suitable donations to various drop-off points throughout Central South Africa. These will then be distributed to local charities on Nelson Mandela Day, 18 July 2020.
Regional Drop Offs:
- Central Media Park, Bloemfontein
Wild Olive Estate, 7 Christo Groenewald Street
Drive through drop off in the parking lot
Charity to benefit: Sunflower Hospice
- Goldfields Mall, Welkom
Corner Stateway and Buiten Street
Charity to benefit: House of Hope
- North Cape Mall, Kimberley
Memorial Road, Royldene
Charity to benefit: Boipelo Child and Youth Centre
- Ellaton Mining Supplies, Klerksdorp
144 O.R. Tambo Street, Klerkindustria
Charity to benefit: SAVF Rethabile; Klerksdorp CYCC
The OFM team will also be visiting each of these points throughout the charity drive.
- The Good Morning Breakfast will broadcast from Central Media Park in Bloemfontein from 6am on 6 July 2020.
- The Real Good Weekend featuring the Central SA Top 30 will be at North Cape Mall in Kimberley from 9am on 11 July 2020.
- At Lunch will broadcast from Ellaton Mining Supplies in Klerksdorp from 12pm on 14 July 2020.
- The Joyride will be at Goldfields Mall in Welkom from 3pm on 17 July 2020.
And, to spread the cheer even further, we’ll be giving randomly selected OFM listeners a chance to dip into Santa’s stocking to claim a mystery prize. So, if you’ve interacted on any of OFM’s platforms recently, it could be you!