The following position is vacant within our Content Hub Division
JOB TITLE: News reader and compiler
EDUCATION: Relevant tertiary qualification
EXPERIENCE: Have at least 2 years’ relevant experience.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Source the most relevant news stories for OFM’s audience and work through offerings from different content suppliers and news sources
- Compile the news bulletins in Afrikaans and English and correct radio news format oComply with the Media Law and ICASA regulations oWork according to editorial and ethical codes
- Read the desired length of news bulletins in Afrikaans and English
- Post radio news stories on relevant digital platforms and link some news to social media
- Monitor the public’s comments on the radio’s news website and social media oUpdate spreadsheet on editorial contributions and news statistics.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Have exceptional communication and written skills, in English and Afrikaans. oNeeds good pronunciation, articulation and intonation oHave an excellent news sense and knowledge of the news trends oHave good interpersonal skills
- Have journalistic experience in fetching and drafting news oGood writing and proofreading skills
- Have advanced skills in news and audio production and editing system like Newsboss, Audacity etc. oBe able to work under extreme pressure and adhere to tight deadlines oBe a team player
- Be able to function effectively within a multi-media environment
CLOSING DATE: 08 May 2017
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a comprehensive CV to Thando Mohlamme via email: email@example.com with Subject line: NewsReader17
Central Media Group (Pty) Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be in line with Central Media Group’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy.
Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.